Saturday, April 3, 2010

vitamins are good for you

Before I came to Chile, I had read and was warned that the cuisine wasn't anything to run home about and certainly not full of the wide range of nutrients that make up a well balanced diet.  You're going to find a lot of white bread, pasta, and meat.  Chris, another volunteer, made a good point when he pointed out that when you go looking for international cuisine at home, chances are you aren't going to find too many Chilean restaurants around.  I guess there is a reason for that.  And so, after about two weeks in the country, I found that I was in fact ingesting a whole lot of white bread, pasta, and meat.  This, added to my frugality and having not seen broccoli in the span that I've been here, lead to this wonderful plate of steamed goodness for lunch one day.

Yes, that is a whole head of broccoli for lunch.  And it was perfecto.

No comments:

Post a Comment